We love Louisiana humorWe love jokes about our home state of Louisiana. Below are some we like. If you have a family-friendly Louisiana joke you would like to share with us, we'd love to see it. Mail it to humor@CrescentCityVa.com.
THINGS I LEARNED LIVING IN LOUISIANA:
- There are 5,000 kinds of snakes and 4,998 of them live in Louisiana.
- There are 10,000 kinds of spiders and all 10,000 of them live in Louisiana.
- It's not a shopping cart, it's a buggy.
- People actually grow and eat okra.
- You describe the first cool snap (below 70 degrees) as "good gumbo weather"
- Fried catfish is "the other white meat"
YOU KNOW YOU ARE FROM LOUISIANA WHEN:
- Your sunglasses fog up when you step outside.
- You reinforce your attic to hold Mardi Gras beads.
- You save newspaper not to recycle but for table covering for crawfish boils.
- You drink Community, have tried Starbucks but don't see what all the fuss is about.
- Your last name isn't pronounced the way it is spelled.
- When it starts to rain you cover your beer instead of your head.
- You call home just to find out what your momma is cooking for supper tonight.
This happened on a flight getting ready to depart for New Orleans. Jack was sitting on the plane when a guy sat down beside him. The guy was a wreck, hands shaking, face pale, moaning in fear. Jack asked the man what was wrong.
"I have just been transferred to New Orleans." the man said. "The people down there are crazy. They have lots of shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs, the highest crime rate in the country!"
Jack told the man "I've lived in New Orleans all my life, it's not so bad. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, enroll your kids in a good school and its as safe as anywhere in the country."
The guy relaxed and stopped shaking. He said "Oh, thank you. I've been worried to death. But if you live there and say its OK, I'll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?"
Jack replied, "I'm the tail gunner on a beer delivery truck."
Boudreaux been fishin down by de bayou all day an he done run outta night crawlers. He be bout reddy to leave when he seen a snake wit a big frog in his mouf. He knowed dat dem big bass fish like frogs, so he decides to steal dat froggie.
Dat snake, he be a cotton moufed water mocassin, so Boudreaux had to be real careful or he'd get bit. He snuk up behine de snake and grabbed him roun de haid. Dat ole snake din' lak dat one bit. He squirmed and wrapped hisself roun Boudreaux's arm try'n to get hisself free. But Boudreaux, him, hada good grip on his haid, yeh.
Well, Boudreaux pried his mouf open and got de frog and puts it in his bait can. Now, Boudreaux knows dat he cain't let go dat snake or he's gonna bite him good, but he had a plan. He reach into de back pocket of his bib overhauls and pulls out a pint a Tennessee hillbilly moonshine likker. He pour some drops into de snakes mouf. Well, dat snake's eyeballs roll back in his haid and his body go limp. Wit dat, Boudreaux toss dat snake into de bayou, den he goes back to fish'n.
A while later Boudreaux dun feel sumpin tappin' on his barefoot toe. He slowly look down and dere be dat cotton moufed water moccasin, wif two more frogs...
Other jokes on the web:
Boudreaux and Thibodeaux